Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

A week ago i purchased a 55 plate transit 85 300. Drove 50…

Customer Question
Hi A week ago i purchased...
Hi
A week ago i purchased a 55 plate transit 85 300.
Drove 50 miles fine then all of a sudden lost power coil light on dash lit up so pulled over. Restarted fine off i went, this happened twice more in a mile. after this it drove the further ten miles home fine. The next day i had a journey to do after about 50 miles not the same problem but felt lie it lagged in power a few times for a few seconds at a time. On my journey home ran fine etc stopped off at mates garage and plugged it in to see the following codes P0404, P1563, P1664, P0335. These codes were then cleared down and the van was left running for 5 to 10 mins whilst we chatted. The van stalled, so plugged it in again and error P0149 was on the computer. After this the van drive home fine no hesitations. My mechanic done some investigating and spoke to others and i looked on the internet and everything was directed to the pump. The seller asked me to keep him updated which i have done and he believes it is the ECU for the pump or the wiring and wants the van back to plug into his own computer. Can you please give me your opinion of what you believe the fault is connected to ? Cheers
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello, first off i say the thing you need to check and replace is the crank sensor. code P0335 is the sensor responsible for the engine running and would cause all of your issues, have you checked that yet?

p0404 is for the egr valve, it is either stuck closed or the valve has failed, or the valve solenoid is not activating.

p1563 and p1664 are injection pump codes, you could have a timing chain issue or tensioner for the chains, i would inspect the timing as well, especially if you have a slight rattle when the engine first starts. hope this helps. Lou.

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician