Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 MKZ wont turn over. Its not the battery, because…

Customer Question
My 2009 MKZ wont turn...
My 2009 MKZ wont turn over. Its not the battery, because everything works except the radio, air, etc things that go on when you turn the key over.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello when you turn the key to on does the red theft lamp in the dash flash fast or does it come on steady for a few seconds and then turn off?

It blinks once every few seconds not continuely

ok it does this with the key turned to the on position?when the dash warning lights light up before you turn the key to crank?

When the key is in the light keeps blinking every few seconds. It doesn't stop

ok if it blinks fast when the key is turned to the on position there is an issue with the pats antitheft system not reading the security chip in the ignition key. If you have a second key see if it does the same thing. Either there is a problem with a chip in the key or the transceiver that reads the key on the steering column has an issue. A local locksmith that can cut and program pats ignition keys can come to you and resolve this issue cheaper than goin to the dealer. you must have two good keys to reprogram the pats system

We have two keys and a remote start system. Nothing works. Everything was working fine until tonight all of the sudden.

With the theft lamp blinking it is indicating a pats system fault. It will disable the vehicle from starting/running. if the theft lamp stays on steady and turns off with the key in the on position it is a different issue

Is there anything we can do ourselves or is it a dealer/locksmith issue?

dealer or locksmith if its a pats system issue, you need scan tool to check codes and program new keys if needed

ok

If I was helpful please leave a positive rating so i get credit for assisting you

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?