Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2003 F150 fx4 with a 5.4.....Must the dash come out to

Customer Question
replace the AC evaporator coil...
2003 F150 fx4 with a 5.4.....Must the dash come out to replace the AC evaporator coil or can it be done on the engine side? If so, how and can you provide a step by step procedure?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

You have to at least pull the dash back on this model, You can't get the evaporator out since it is in the plenum from the firewall side. Give me just a few minutes to upload the shop manual PDF files. Thank you.

Here are the instructions to remove the instrument panel.

Here are the instructions to remove the plenum after the instrument panel is out, (I usually just move them back and lay them on the front seat and not take them completely out).

Here are the instructions to remove the evaporator once the plenums out. Let me know if you have any further questions. I try hard to provide 5 star service so don't hesitate to ask me anything else if you need to. Thank you.