Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2002 ford escape my seat go up but it would not go

Customer Question
back what should I do...
I have a 2002 ford escape my seat go up but it would not go back what should I do help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
2/11/2016
Ford Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 1 year ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi .

Two things that typically go wrong when this happens .

1. Is the switch, the contacts get corroded, you could remove and clean the contacts with contact cleaner .

2, motor sized .

With your finger push the switch backwards and you should hear a click and then move, if you just have a click

and no movement then the switch is good and the problem is with the motor ,Remove seat and inspect motor .

NO click bad contact in the switch most common issue .

If bad contact press the switch and wiggle this sometime get contact and will move .

switch has 6 way .forward ,backward , tilt front up and down tilt rear up and down .

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Greg
Greg
Greg, Technician