Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 94 f150 died while driving down road and is not getting…

Customer Question
my 94 f150 died while...
my 94 f150 died while driving down road and is not getting fire now. how do i test and where do i start?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/10/2016
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 2 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Start by verifiying that the check engine light comes on with the key on and that it goes off while cranking. This is very important. IF this checks out good, then we check the ignition coil inputs while cranking. (powers and ground)

It is possible that the ignition coil itself might just be bad or it may not have any power going to it so we will need to check that as well.

It is also possible that the tune up parts (secondary ignition components) are bad well. Check for spark coming right out of the ignition coil while cranking. Let me know.

Hello! It's Amedee from just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!

.