Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do I program keys 2012 Ford f-160? I have 2 good keys.

Customer Question
How do I program keys...
How do I program keys for my 2012 Ford f-160? I have 2 good keys.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/8/2016
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Here is procedure

2012 Ford Truck F 150 2WD V8-5.0L

Save Article

Key Programming - Program a Key Using Two Programmed Keys NOTE: This procedure works only if 2 or more programmed keys are available. .

1. Insert the first programmed Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) key into the ignition and turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the key in the RUN position for approximately 6 seconds).

2. Turn the first key to the OFF position and remove the key from the ignition.

3. Within 10 seconds of turning the key to the OFF position, insert a second programmed PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) key into the ignition and turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the key in the RUN position for approximately 6 seconds).

4. Turn the second key to the OFF position and remove the key from the ignition.

5. NOTE: The doors lock and then unlock to confirm that each Integrated Keyhead Transmitter (IKT) is programmed. Within 10 seconds of turning the second key to the OFF position, insert the new, unprogrammed PATS (Passive Anti-Theft System) key into the ignition and turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN position (maintain the key in the RUN position for approximately 6 seconds).

6. If it is desired to program additional key(s) (up to a total of 8 keys can be programmed), repeat Steps 1 - 5 for each additional key.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.