Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2006 ford five hundred. I had it running,went inside…

Customer Question
Have a 2006 ford five...
Have a 2006 ford five hundred . I had it running,went inside and came out it had died. Turned key off and tried to start and won't start. Engine just turns over. I checked and no spark and injectors are not opening either. Changed crank sensor and cam sensor. Check all fuses. Any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/4/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Any codes stored?

Is the computer getting an accurate CMP and CKP signal?

Is the power to the coils and injectors with the key on?

Is the check engine light on and the theft light off with the key in the run position?

No codes stored. Power to red wire on injectors and coils. Theft light goes out when trying to start.

Thanks, ***** ***** know how to check fuel pressure, ignition spark and injector pulse?

It has good fuel pressure to the fuel rail. I checked for spark and no spark and the injectors are NOT opening when you turn the motor over. You would be able to hear injectors pulsing when turning the motor over. Sound like the pcu. I know it grounds both the injectors and coil packs to ground. I have 12 v at both the red wires on the coil packs and 12 v at the red wire on the injectors . Both are not getting grounded to make them work. Is it possible the cpu is not gettting voltage? I t must be somethign that can control both of them at the same time...........

It is possible the PCM is not getting power or ground and to blame for not pulsing the coils and injectors assuming the CMP and CKP are getting a signal to the PCM. See the PCM connector views below to check all powers and grounds.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/175B.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/175E.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/175T.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I changed the crank and cam sensor and it didn't help. Any fuses or relays that might be hidden somewhere?

There are no hidden fuses or relays, they are all in the fuse box. Just replacing the sensors does not confirm there is not a sensor tone ring or wiring failure.