Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon,
Experience:  Lead tech at river regions auto
90546729

My car will not make a sound when I turn the key .I checked

Customer Question

my car will not make a sound when I turn the key .I checked the starter relay and it is good. what else can I check ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I changed the plugs and wires because it was running bad and it was working good for a little while then it started to run bad again I took 1 plug wire off the coil and it went dead I think it ran out of gas but, then I tried 3 times to crank it and on the 3rd time it would not make a sound. the ingitaion switch has a problem you have to push the key in and lift it up with your finger to get the buzzer to buzz. I call a lock smith and he said the switch should not be the problem. so I need tom know how to check and see if that is the problem.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I use to be a mechanic and know a little about it.but I don't know to check this problem .
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the starter relay and it checks good according to the guy on the internet . And I can jump across the starter and the starter will turn over but not crank.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: It needs to crank real bad or I might get my head skink
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Ford
Expert:  sarmiento22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try my best to help you with your concern.

you say you checked the starter relay correct.

did you check to see if there is voltage at the small starter wire when you turn the key t the start position?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not.but I need to know if the key switch could be the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my tex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me an answer?

what year and model Ford is it?

I did not get your text. I can only see your posts here.

you need to see if there is voltage on the wire I spoke of to see where we need to back track to

the ignition switch is a strong possibilty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ignitation switch has a problem when you push the key in the buzzer will not sound until you pick the end of the key up with your finger. I called a locksmith and he said the switch probley was not the problem. so i need to know to check and see if it is.

ok I understand but I am not there in front of the car to see what the problem could be. As a mechanic you must know we have to start somewhere in our diagnostics. the starter is the best option to start.

you still haven't told me the year and model Ford it is!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr.Sarmiento there is 0 volts on the small wire going to the starter.

with the key in the start position?

I need to know the year and model so I can look at the wiring diagram!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do i try now ???

I'm getting pretty tired of this process. I have asked you for information and for some reason you have not given it to me.

I am going to opt out and let another expert take this over.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you got my text yet???
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out.

Once I know the year, make, model, engine, and transmission I can get started on this concern.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello has anyone helping you?