Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 Escape Limited and the Back up sensors are not…

Customer Question
I have a 2005 Escape...
I have a 2005 Escape Limited and the Back up sensors are not working
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/ford/33jfy-2005-escape-limited-back-sensors-not.html#ixzz3z7ZZmhIv
Parking aid has not worked for the last 10 years; switch stays lit (off). When it first happened I did an adibal check on each of the four sensors and all four made a clicking noise so I assumed they where all good. Other then buying a new sensor and swapping them out to locate the faulty sensor (assuming only 1 is bad) is there another way?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/3/2016
Ford Mechanic: Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

It sounds like the sensors are all good. So it is not giving any false readings, just not working?

Thats it? Tell me something I don't know

Ok, do you know that there was a factory service bulletin on it?

TSB for speaker

Yes.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the bulletin for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

I can and have found the TSB just don't know if that is the issue. I have a code reader but it will not pull up those codes. I'm looking for other ways or things to test.Thanks

I see, thanks. Not that they will always set trouble codes, (C1742 or C1743) but there are some pinpoint tests that can be done with an volt/ohm meter.

.

I can get the pinpoint test instructions for it as well. It would be hard to say without testing, thanks.

You know I don't mind paying for helpful advice and after several attempts to get a good answer and after each one I get a request for more money. This may not be the site it hope it would be. Pinpoint test would be helpful but I'm not paying more. I very unsatisfied at this point.

I see, thanks. That is one of the reasons that I don't send anything as an answer, just yet. Normally we just get punished for trying to help. Thanks and let me know what it is that you would like to do.

I understand it may be the Just Answers system and I do not want to be ungrateful for your time but... sense my question was not answered I would like a full refund. I will go elsewhere or solve it on my own.Thanks

I see, thanks. Wish you all the best with it and please come again, anytime.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician