Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Mustang Convertible and I need to buy a

Customer Question
portable car battery charger. I...
I have a 2006 Mustang Convertible and I need to buy a portable car battery charger. I am a 65 year old woman who can change tires and oil and that's it! What is the BEST charger for me to buy?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I recommend the Black and Decker 500amp jump box with tire inflator - Model # ***** It runs $80 at Home Depot or Walmart. I have an older version of this one by Black and Decker that is going on 9yrs old and still no problems. It has even jumped my RV with 3 dead batteries on occasion.

It is easy to use and extremely durable. And having the tire inflator on it is nice in case you are out somewhere and come out to a low tire.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?