Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I need to hot wire my daughters 1084 ford fleet body with a…

Customer Question
I need to hot wire...
I need to hot wire my daughters 1084 ford fleet body with a Cummings diesel. He ignition switch has failed and we need to get it to a mechanic
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

In an emergency, you can start the engine by momentarily jumping the Yellow wire coming from the battery to the ignition switch to the Red/Light Blue wire going from the ignition switch to the starting system. To power up heater blower, jump the same Yellow wire to the Grey/Yellow.

I hope this helps take care of your issue. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Best Regards.