Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2011 Ford Fiesta. Died yesterday while driving. Shifted to…

Customer Question
Hey there! 2011 Ford Fiesta...
Hey there! 2011 Ford Fiesta. Died yesterday while driving. Shifted to try to restart, got stuck in park. Roadside assistance helped me get it to the side of the road. It restarted, but engine light is now on. And engine seems to be sluggish, like it wants to die but doesn't. Question is: I am in Austin for three days (from Houston--two-and-a-half hours away). I would rather wait until I get back to Houston to take it to the dealer. Is it dangerous for me to drive it? Should I bite the bullet, and try to get it serviced here?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I wouldn't drive it like that, you were already given a signal that it may get worse. You should get it fixed right away. It can be a bad fuel pump all the way to jumped timing.

Thanks, Ron