Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am in the process of rebuilding a 460 250 I am being told…

Customer Question
I am in the process...
I am in the process of rebuilding a 460 for my 250 I am being told that because I want to use the factory EFI I can not put the cam I want in it. the cam has to be a mild RV cam in order for the computer to function properly. for sure there is a way to develop the HP and the Computer keep up I mean how long have we tried to get away from carberators how much more can we do with computers do you have any fixes that will allow me to put some HP in the engine
Dave
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/2/2016
Ford Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello Dave

there are a couple of options to tweak the computer / ECU

either a 'piggy back ' module which interrupts the signals between the injectors and the ECU to add or subtract fuel as required

Or a re-flash / new chip in the existing ECU is also possible, but a custom chip programme will get the best result to get your specific vehicle dialed in having it re-mapped on the rollers

see here for some products

http://www.andysautosport.com/performance_chips/ford_f250.html

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you