Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Swapped engines in 01 mustang 3.8 v6. now turns over and…

Customer Question
swapped engines in 01 mustang...
swapped engines in 01 mustang 3.8 v6. now turns over and tries to start but won't.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, why did you replace the engine? 3.8 v6? Does the check engine light come on when the key is turned to on and go out when cranking? Does the red theft lamp flash fast in the dash when the key is turned to on or does it turn on steady and turn off after a few seconds? Do you have fuel pressure at the fuel rail and spark? Any codes stored if checked with a scan tool?