Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Last night my 2007 ford expedition was running fine. this…

Customer Question
Last night my 2007...

Last night my 2007 ford expedition was running fine. this morning my wife started it and a few seconds later it stopped. no it cranks up but does not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The issue is that the my suv will not fire up. it cranks over and over but does not fire up

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
i also disconnected the battery for 5 minutes. locked the car with the remote and opened it back up with the key on driver side.
it wont start up
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 2 years ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, when you go to start the vehicle does the red theft lamp flash fast when the key is turned to the on position or does it come on steady for a few seconds and go off? Do you have fuel pressure at the rail?If you spray some carb cleaner into the throttle body will it run for a few seconds?