Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2000 Ford f 350 7.3 I am only getting 7 volts to…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Ford...
I have a 2000 Ford f 350 7.3 I am only getting 7 volts to fuel pump
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/31/2016
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Seeing that you are getting voltage, but not enough, check for a bad ground.

Thanks, Ron

I checked from hot wire to frame of truck and only 7 volts

Did you read my reply? Check for a bad ground for that circuit.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need more help later on.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor