Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How to I check the fuel pressure? I can't find the

Customer Question
shredder valve on the 2004...
How to I check the fuel pressure? I can't find the shredder valve on the 2004 E150 conversion van with a 4.6L engine. I wonder if the fuel pump isn't working.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
I also can't find the fuel shut off switch (the switch that shuts off the pump in case of an accident)
1/30/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

these do not have a test port for the ful rail, you hook up the gauge inline with the incoming fuel line to test pressure, you can also use a scanner to read the fuel rail pressure,Tim

And the inertia switch is located behind the right side kick panel, on the passenger side,Tim

I looked for the inertia switch on the right side. This is a van. Would you happen know more details of where?

on the passenger side, down low, the kick panel just to the right of where your fet resat, has to be removed, it is behind this side kick panel,Tim