Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 01 Ford Escape sounds like a plug came out

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, Is the engine missing?misfiring at same time?

No
I thought it was exhaust after inspection it looked good

humm, unsure on that one, I will opt out and open the post back up to the other experts

you will text me than
we are done intell you get a hold of me
Ford Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

New expert here.

What exactly are your symptoms? The engine got really noisy all of the sudden?

Ya sounds like a plug came out

Is it safe to assume you have check to see whether a plug pulled out of the head?

I have not got in their with wrench trying to find out if or why a plug would just come out and still run fine

It wouldn't run fine if a plug came out. You would have a noticeable miss. Plugs do come out on these ford heads. We see them all the time; the threads either pull out of the heads, or the plug somehow just backs it self out. If somehow one has come out on yours you will be able to tell right away if you check them while it's running. It will burn up a coil boot really quickly.

Other than a plug, the only place to make that kind of noise would be a major exhaust leak. You can use a smoke tester up the exhaust pipe to pinpoint it, but again, if you open the hood with the engine running you should be able to track it down.

I just wanted to check and see if you need any additional info.

No

Ok, I would love to offer any additional insights if needed.

Please let me know if you need help in the future.