Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We changed the fuel pump on a 2002 gt now the fan stays on

Customer Question
We changed the puel...

We changed the puel pump on a 2002 gt now the fan stays on when key is turned but will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Like what left key on by accident when changing fuel pump may have bumped wires not sure while changing it heard fan come on plugged the pump up and the fan stays on can the fuel pump does not kick on

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/29/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Are there trouble codes stored?

Have you checked to see if there is fuel pressure?

Is fuse 14 under the hood good?

Lets disregard the fan for now and just stick with getting it to start.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.