Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

There is a fan that's going when I cut my car off. i have a

Customer Question
There is a fan...

There is a fan thats going when I cut my car off. I have a 2000 Ford Expedition. People are saying its my motor blower. Whatever it is, it causes my battery to drain. Can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Basically, I need to know how to stop the motor blower resister from going.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/28/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Can you confirm it is the HVAC blower running. If it is then removing fuse 105 40amp under the hood should shut it off. If the noise remains then its not the blower. Remove fuse 102 50amp under the hood, if the noise stops then its your ABS motor to blame. Let me know the results and if you can do electrical diag so we can figure out the problem.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician