Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 00 e350 with a 5.4 it wont start
, ran fine…

Customer Question
I have a 00...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Ran fine monday went in the ditch on the way home, left it running got pulled out. drove home went to start it tuesday it would start then die did that several times. went out today and it wont start. checked the solenoid with key on got red spark with no crank.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
replaced TPS last week.
1/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

I see you have stated that the vehicle will not start however can you please elaborate on does it crank and not start or does not crank over either?

Thanks,

Joe

today it does not Crank at all. lights come, dash cycles and nothing

Ok, How about before when it simply would not start...... did it crank then and not start or related to this problem it does not and has not cranked and thus not starting? This helps with diagnosis direction.

Thanks,

Joe

didnt have a problem before... yesterday it would start and die , today nothing NO CRANK or start. turn the key and nothing.

Have you had the battery tested yet?

Battery tested good. full charge

This was tested with a load tester or voltmeter?

If you turn on the headlights and try starting, do they slightly dim or go out?

Is the check engine light staying on? and if so have you pulled the codes yet?

Thanks,

Joe

Load tester
Have not pulled the codes
Lights dont dim .
Check engine light is on

Ok, I would next pull the codes to see what codes are being sent. You very well may have security codes. Esp if the security light is flashing and if it is please follow this link to relearn:

http://my.cardone.com/techdocs/PT%2078-0004.pdf

If that is not the problem please pull the codes and we can continue.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.