Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

After repairing a rear wheel bearing on an '07 dually and…

Customer Question
after repairing a rear wheel...
after repairing a rear wheel bearing on an '07 dually and putting on a new caliper (about 5k miles ago) the abs and brake light on the dash came on. I discovered the wheel bearing nut was a little loose so tightened it and put in new pads as they were ground down. when resetting the caliper I noticed a little fluid leaking out of one of the pistons when compressed. I have also been having an issue with the electronic*****not engaging. As of right now the abs and break light are still on and the 4wd still does not engage. Are these problems all related?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joe, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Fluid coming out of a caliper means that it does unfortunately need to be replaced.

In terms of the abs and brake lights being on you will need a professional scan tool to diagnose that, in some cases it will be a simple abs/wheel sensor but in order to properly diagnose the problem you will need a scan tool. Using the scan tool you will be able to enter abs and watch each sensor to see if they are working, a dead giveaway will be if one sensor is not reading which will require replacing.

It could be related and again you would need a scan tool to diagnose the 4wd problem by evaluating the codes stored.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.