Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My heater in 04 expedition has conked out. No lights, no…

Customer Question
My heater in 04 expedition...
My heater in 04 expedition has conked out. No lights, no blowing, nothing on rear heater, nothing. Positive battery terminal has been loose and occasionally I have to twist terminal to get it to start. Don't know if has anything to do with it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** the 10 amp fuse in location 13 of the fuse box. Let me know if fuse is blown. Also check 7.5 amp fuse in location 5. Thanks.

Sorry, got busy yesterday and just checked fuses now. The fuse in location 13 is good. When you say location 5, do you mean these bigger square relay things? I don't have one in location 5 it's just empty. If there's supposed to be one there, I don't know where it could have gone.
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Are you getting headlights or you have no power at all?

I see you mentioned a loose battery terminal clamp on the battery post. If you can find a 1/2" wrench, remove those cables, then clean the battery posts and clamps with baking soda/water mixed 50/50, then rinse with plain water, dry off with a rag, and put back on with the battery clamps real tight. If they are loose like that, you can get corrosion in there which will cause this issue. That connection needs to be good and tight.

Then see if the headlights come on bright. If not, the vehicle may have a dead battery and you will need to get a jump-start or a new battery put in.

Give those a try and let me know what happens when you get free time. There is no rush unless you need the vehicle ASAP. Otherwise, if you get to busy, I understand and can wait as needed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Hi Jeremy,
I am now out of town, away from the Expedition but the problem is not solved. I have headlights. I don't think it's got anything to do with the battery. The entire climate control system front and back is all dead. The only other thing I've noticed is the dashboard lights for 4-wheel drive flash on and off every 2-3 minutes. I'll be back in touch when I get back to the truck.
Thanks, Kevin

The only next item that would have all those items would be the fuse box.

When you return, we can go over some things to check.