Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My daughter's 2012 Ford Focus- trunk light says open but it…

Customer Question
My name is***** daughter's...

My name is***** daughter's 2012 Ford Focus- trunk light says open but it isn't. She can't open the trunk at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

She said it has been sticking lately but eventually opening. She also said her door locks aren't opening on 1st try at times.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

It seems that the trunk ajar switch, (built into the latch) is bad and the trunk open command won't work if it thinks the trunk is opened. The latch would have to be replaced.

.

There also has been a factory service bulletin, (not a recall) for the keyless entry system, intermittent operation. That involves a software update and has to be done by a dealership.

.

FORD:
2012 Focus

The article supersedes TSB 11-8-16 to add a production fix date.

ISSUE
Some 2012 Focus vehicles built on or before 8/3/2011 may exhibit a condition where the key fob buttons do not unlock the doors.

ACTION

Reprogram the body control module to the latest software calibration level using the IDS release 74.03 or higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.7 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at the website.

WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME 111001A 2012 Focus: Reprogram 0.3 Hr.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks