Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a question regarding A Ford F250 2012 regarding the…

Customer Question
I have a question regarding...
I have a question regarding A Ford F250 2012 regarding the message center and the compass on the panel
Tom
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/26/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

What is the question that you have?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

What is the question that you have so I can determine if I or another expert will be the right one to answer you for your phone call. I don't want to waste your money or your time.

I am trying to install a back up camera and mirror monitor with a compas.
and cannot disconnect the message coming over in my message center

That is why I asked. I';m not the right expert for that.

I will opt out for one that can assist you better in this aftermarket install.

Have a great day!

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I am not quite sure what you are trying to tell me here "cannot disconnect the message coming over in my message center"

Are you asking how to remove a part?

Are you installing Ford parts?

Moose
This is Tom I sent this question yesterday could you please give me a call we have worked together in the past \
Need some help forgot you were a Ford tech thopught you were a Chrysler Dodge tech for some reason
Tom
Hello is anyone fielding this question it started yesterday,
Please let me know so I can move forward on this issue I am having with my digital information center?
Moose can you call me?

Ia m not to a point in the question yet were I feel I can call and resolve this over the phone. Can we work on this a bit here prior to spending time on the phone? If so can you address the question I asked prior?

Moose the F250 had a Compass in the information center of the the truck
The customer installed a back up camera and replaced the Ford back up mirror so the new mirror could display the image from the new back up camera. now whith the new mirror the information center is trying to to display in the the information center not the mirror,
the compass direction. it cannot find the path because of the change in the equipment.what we are trying to do is go in through the OBD center to disarm the compass error message, or prevent this message from appearing any way you can suggest, please call me if this is still confusing
Tom

Does the customer want the compass to now display in the new mirror or that info to remain in the information center?

Are you sayuing now that the mirror has been swapped the compass no longer works correct?

Correct shows error message

The message center provides a compass display in the message center display using directional information sent from the compass module, which is integrated into the interior auto-dimming mirror, on vehicles without navigation. Since the mirror was replaced, that means the module is no longer there. The only way to remove the error is to have this module connected and working. is there any way to wire the module back in just mounted elsewhere?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

mount the module back into the original mirror? We tried that but the mirror seems to be up by the top of the windshield
If it is lower it won't shut down? Is that what your asking Mouse

You just need the compass module part of the mirror back installed somewhere and plugged in or wired in so it works. Then the message center compass error will be fixed.

Will try it tomorrow
Thanks mouse

Your welcome

I have some other things we should talk about
Tom

What are they?

Moose,
I understand there are two kinds of systems one that has a screen that leaves 2 dots when disconnected,
the other leaves an error message, when using the module he has to place it approximately at rear view mirror height wrapped in bubble wrap. if he puts it on the dash board it wont work or behind it. He is in Wisconsin he has the module connected, He would like to have the compass operational if possible but can live without an error code or the two dots on the display screen. let me know if this is enough information thank you
Tom

Ford does not specify if you can turn the compass feature off. If you could do it you would do it through the message center buttons, a scan tool should not be needed. Wrapping it in bubble wrap makes no sense being its not wrapped in bubble wrap setup up OEM style.

Moose,
The mirror was swapped so i understand the compass wont show in the new mirror
but to answer your question the customer would still like the compass to show in the information center or on the OEM GPS screen. I would like to speak with you when you get a chance
Thank You
Tom
ps i still plan on a rating for you.

I have a house full of loud boys (5) and 2 chatting mothers. I can not do it today. I could call tomorrow in the afternoon will that be fine. There is an extra charge for phone calls though 18$

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician