Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 ford f150 the truck just started running very rough…

Customer Question
My 2003 ford f150...
My 2003 ford f150 the truck just started running very rough the computer says it has 17 faults, example says Battery is faulty the battery test fine, says the o2 sensor heaters are not working several other faults????? HELP
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

With that many faults the most likely cause is a voltage problem.

Do you have a multi-meter to check alternator output?

When you say the battery tests fine, what is the amperage rating?

What are the codes that are displayed?

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

thx for quik response

Do you need any additional info?

I'd love to help you get this one sorted out.

truck fixed inspected wiring found all faults in same circuit. poor connection at battery jct box. replaced D fuse. no more faults

Oh ok. Please let me know if you need help in the future.