Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

03 Ford f150 5.4 Vin:1FTRX17L03NA09829 Came in with

Customer Question

03 Ford f150 5.4
Vin:1FTRX17L03NA09829
Came in with complaint of no brakes, changed the front and rear brake pads and rotors because they were worn out/metal to metal. Now on test drive when brakes are applied normally, it will stop but if you apply them aggressively it just rolls on and then eventually comes to a stop. Light braking is ok, heavy braking is not sufficients. Any suggestions as to what could cause this? vacuum to booster has been confirmed. Pedal is not hard to mash, you can mash it as hard as you want but it doesnt want to stop.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, rear drum or disc brakes? No brake fluid leaks? No ABS warning or brake lamp on? Does the brake pedal fade when pumped like checking the brake booster or does it hold with the key on engine off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

had a bad set of brake pads on the front...changed them and it works now, thank you

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

very good

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Since you have already paid for help, is there another concern I can assist with since you resolved the brake issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no thank you....i just need to give you credit

Sounds good and thanks for giving us a shot.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris