Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How do you change the hoses on the water pump,on a 1997 Ford…

Customer Question
how do you change the...
how do you change the hoses on the water pump,on a 1997 Ford Contour 4 cylinder?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Let me see if I can help. Which hoses are you looking to replace? There is really only one hose coming from the water pump on this model.

that would be the one I need to replace.I can't see where the water is pouring out from,but is coming from between water pump and power steering pump.so I think is the water pump hose,if it was the water pump it self,it would just leak,NOT pour.and all other hoses are not going directly into water pump.and they can be seen easily.

can you send a Diagram?

There isn't a whole lot published because of the year model. This is a diagram of the entire system. The last diagram I sent shows the water pump replacement. That's about all that Ford publishes.

so how do you change the hoes?

Sorry, I even contacted ford tech and they don't have any diagrams to help me walk you through this one. You pretty much just pull the hose clamp at the water pump and then the other end at the radiator and remove the hose. If it is seized to the pump neck, which they usually are, you can cut the old hose off.

Does it look like you will be able to get this done on your own?