Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

HERE TO TAKE INDEPENDANT RIGHT LEFT REAR TURN SIGNAL ON F250

Customer Question

Customer: HERE TO TAKE INDEPENDANT RIGHT LEFT REAR TURN SIGNAL ON F250 2015 ?? Thanks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's for respect of european rules ( independant orange turn signal )
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

I don't understand the question. Can I get it reworded, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jeremy , in USA brake rear lamps and turn signal are red and same lamps . But when somebody drive a F250 in europa, in France, rear turn signal must be separated and orange like the front turn signals
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I gotcha.

So you need to rewire the rear to meet the requirements for Europe. Am I understanding correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For sure you are understanding correctly .
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to have this sent to the UK Ford category since the techs there know the rules and how this is supposed to be wired up to be leagal in Europe.

This is in the USA one and we have different rules here.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks great Jeremy . I was thinking to take electric curent,electric exciting signal on the front signals wires, and next 2 relays ( for each rear turn signal, left,right ) with fuse to be independant of truck circuit, and to have no default code on PCM/dashborad computer . But perhaps exist better to do, or smth prepared for to do . Don't know .
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I don't know why no one from UK Ford jad responded yet.

Can I get the full VIN for the vehicle? I will contact my Ford support engineering and see what needs to be done. The reason is the lights on the vehicle go through a lighting module and there might be a simple way of just swapping the rear lights and then doing a reprogram.

I talked to a few at my dealer and they do setups like this for trucks going to the Caribbean. They will swap out tail lights and then just program. I want to see if they can do the same for a UK vehicle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi good day sir. There day is at begining . Ok VIN number : 1FT7W2BTXFEC78237 Kinds Regards Richard
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I've the request out.

As soon as I get something back, I will inform you.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

This question locked on me and wouldn't let me respond for several days. I apologize for the error.

If the vehicle is here in the USA, have FORD program the vehicle with program number 83.0257UK for this will update the lighting module to split the signals to different wires. Then there is a harness and lights that you can swap out to have the vehicle legal for European countries. I wasn't given those part numbers though.

Now if the vehicle is already in Europe, Ask for program number 209.73UK for the same thing. It is just a software update to the vehicle. The US and Europe use different versions of the Ford IDS tool so that is why the software programs are different.

This is way easier than cutting wires and possibly throwing out a warranty on the vehicle.

Thanks for the question. I learned something new with it.

Good day!