Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****, Nor California, I have a 2013 Ford…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****, Nor California, I have a 2013 Ford Raptor and was changing out the visor vanity lights to LEDs got the drive side done and working. Then went to do the passenger side vanity light and couldn't get that little bulb out. I was pulling on it with needle nose pliers and it broke. So them I had to dig it out with a small screw driver and tweesers. I thought I kept the lid to the mirror closed so not power would be on to the light socket. So I finally got all the glass fragments out and installed the new bulb, nothing. got my 12 volt tester out and no power to both lights now. I cut them out and tested directly to my battery and they both light up. Did I pop a fuse? If so which one is it? I looked through the owners manual and didn't see vanity lights in the fuse description. I put a tone generation on the wires and I get a good tone in the fuse box by the passanger kick panel fuse box. Help any other ideas

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well what else can I tell you I sent a detailed description of what is going on

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

I'm sorry the Expert you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Now that his 15 minute "request lock" has expired, hopefully I can be of some assistance in his place. Sorry for the delay.

Your vanity light get there power on the yellow/green wire from the battery saver relay and the fuse that powers the circuit is the F4 (10 amp ) fuse. Start with checking it first. I have also enclosed the wiring diagrams for the vanity light circuit for reference. Check the fuse and post back if you need more help and we can work from there if need be.

Copy and paste the links below to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Vanity%20%231%20Jan%2025.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Vanity%20%232%20JAn%2025.pdf

Thanks Ron
I will check that soon. It is still dark outside I am an electrician do I understand electrical circuits so this info should help outSteve

Okay if the fuse checks okay, check the power supply wire to the mirrors which is the yellow/ green wire. Post back if need be and we can work from there.

I will see if that is it
Nice to have some advice from a pro

I suspect you just blew the fuse, its only a 10 amp and it would not take much to pop it. Either way let me know, Im here if needed and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Let me check that fuse and I will get back to you

Sure thing, Im here all day.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician