Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 ford f250 that will not start. the batteries…

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 ford f250 that will not start. the batteries are good but the truck will not turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The back window is broken bu tthe truck ran earlier. Is there a reset for the security system?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/24/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

What liter engine?

You mentioned it will not start then it will not crank, I need to confirm you turn the key and the engine does nothing it will not crank?

With the key on is the check engine light on and theft light off?

Test and check engine off. It is a diesel
Theft I mean

Can you recheck the check engine light, it should be on with the key on.

The Theft light comes on and then off as it should. The check engine light is on. The engine will not crank. The starter is fine as I can put power to the relay in the engine compartment and get the engine to crank. I am wondering if it is the security system.

Since the theft light goes out, that means it is fine. We need to test the pins at the removed starter relay, see the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/STrelay.png

Do you have access to a diagnostic tool to see if the PCM sees the correct gear position and are there codes stored in the PCM?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris