Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

My 1999 f 450 v 10 will not start. the engine spins fast but

Customer Question

my 1999 f 450 v 10 will not start. the engine spins fast but it will not start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

If your confident the fuel pump is not spinning then use a test light and check for power on both sides of the inertia fuel cutoff switch while cranking the engine. If power present on both sides then replace the fuel pump. The switch is located behind the passenger side kick panel. If no power let me know and we can proceed from there.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i disconnected the power source to the fuel pump and tank and i did not get any power from the source with key on. i took an ohms on fuel pump and got a reading
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you are cycling the key to on the power will only be there for 1 second. This is the normal time out for the relay with no rpm indicated. Please check again and watch for brief one second power or continuous while cranking the engine. Also make sure you are on the pink/black wire

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have an analyzer that read the fuel regulater control circuit open
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

What is the code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p001
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

No such code. Did you recheck fuel pump voltage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet will do
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z