Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED
Experience:  5 Yrs. exp. ASE certified specalize electrical,brakes, a/c driveability
10186415

Livia I have a 2008 Ford Explorer and the wrench light and

Customer Question

Customer: Livia I have a 2008 Ford Explorer and the wrench light and check engine light is on
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my car is shutting down while driving and sometimes I have problem starting
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Honestly to be more accurate will need codes from the engine control module, most auto parts stores will give you the codes for free which will help in diagnostics. Many things can go wrong and cause the check engine light to come on, most common on the ford associated with shutting down while driving would be vacuum leaks or idles air control valves. Thanks I hope this helps. Please give a positive rating. Thanks