Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Livia I have a 2008 Ford Explorer and the wrench light and…

Customer Question
Livia I have a...

Livia I have a 2008 Ford Explorer and the wrench light and check engine light is on

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My car is shutting down while driving and sometimes I have problem starting

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/23/2016
Ford Mechanic: Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED replied 2 years ago
Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED

Honestly to be more accurate will need codes from the engine control module, most auto parts stores will give you the codes for free which will help in diagnostics. Many things can go wrong and cause the check engine light to come on, most common on the ford associated with shutting down while driving would be vacuum leaks or idles air control valves. Thanks I hope this helps. Please give a positive rating. Thanks