Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Radiator fan kicks in on gh speed on an off even when cold

Customer Question

Radiator fan kicks in on high speed on an off even when cold and just started.
2007 Ford Explorer sport trac V8
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

To properly diagnose this a scanner is needed that can monitor PCM data in real time. It will need to be determined if the fan is actually being commanded high by the PCM or if the electronic fan clutch itself is sticking. If it determined that the PCM is commanding the fan clutch to high then certain inputs will need to be monitored such as cylinder head temperature and other inputs that could cause the PCM to see a failsafe condition which would also cause the PCM to command the fan to high. This data would need to be monitored with the symptom present.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Me

23 Jan 2016, 8:21 AM

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Thanks,

Kenny Z

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.