Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The factory-installed remote start on my 2011 Ford F-150…

Customer Question
The factory-installed remote start on...
The factory-installed remote start on my 2011 Ford F-150 quit working a while ago. I took it into a Ford dealership and they said my key fob just needed a new battery. The remote start still doesn't work and the key fob battery is fine. Any thing I can do at home to try and troubleshoot it myself?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/22/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Is this remote start integrated into the ignition key or separate?

Integrated in the ignition key

When you attempt to remote start it what does it do?

The lights flash and the horn beeps.

How many times does the horn beep?

Just one short beep. And the lights just flash once.

If you start the vehicle and shut it off. Get out of the vehicle and attempt to start it does it still beep once and not start?

I even went through the manual to reset my instrument panel to factory settings. And disabled the remote start and then turned it back on. Still the same thing.

If that is everything you tried they can test for codes. It will show remote start malfunction. I would look under the hood and inspect the hood switch. It most likely isn't working correctly causing your issue.

Ok, thank you. I will take it to a dealership to do that, because I would have no clue what to look for.

You are welcome. Please remember to rate my service so I receive credit for assisting you.

I should ask. Is your check engine light on?

No, it isn't.

Ok I wanted to make sure. Having a check engine light will disable the remote start as well.

Yeah, I have been told that. Thanks anyways.

Your welcome