Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 04 Tbird my driver side heated seat 'to work the

Customer Question
I have a 04 Tbird...
I have a 04 Tbird my driver side heated seat don't work the bottom and the back and the switch lights to turn on the heat it flickers all the fuses look good but maybe I can't find all the fuses eng,trunk,kick panel on passenger is their more location for the fuses? Which one is the relay for that side? Car only Has 40.000 miles
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. More than likely you need the bottom seat cushion heater. The bottom cushion commonly burns out. The bottom and back are wired in series which means if one pad goes out they both will not work.

You can verify this by accessing the connector under the seat and checking the resistance of the bottom pad. If you have an ohm meter I can tell you which connector to check. Let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks.

Hi. Thank you for viewing my response. Have you done any diagnosing to figure this out? Would you like more assistance? Please let me know and please rate my service as well. Thanks.