EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2006 ford focus and it been sitting outside last 3

Customer Question

hello I have a 2006 ford focus and it been sitting outside for the last 3 days not driven. the weather here as been -21 degree. I warmed up my car I tried to drive it the left wheel is hard to move what do i need to look at
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. If the wheel is hard to move then you would be looking at the brake system at that wheel. The pads and rotors. You may have a frozen caliper or collapsed brake hose. You could try removing the caliper and pushing the piston in. If it does not go in you can try cracking the bleeder and pushing it in. If it goes in with the bleeder cracked then the hose is collapsed. If the caliper does not push in either way it is likely frozen and needs to be replaced.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Have you made any progress checking this out? Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service. THank you.