Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 ford focus and it been sitting outside last 3…

Customer Question
hello I have a 2006...
hello I have a 2006 ford focus and it been sitting outside for the last 3 days not driven. the weather here as been -21 degree. I warmed up my car I tried to drive it the left wheel is hard to move what do i need to look at
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. If the wheel is hard to move then you would be looking at the brake system at that wheel. The pads and rotors. You may have a frozen caliper or collapsed brake hose. You could try removing the caliper and pushing the piston in. If it does not go in you can try cracking the bleeder and pushing it in. If it goes in with the bleeder cracked then the hose is collapsed. If the caliper does not push in either way it is likely frozen and needs to be replaced.

Thank you for viewing my response. Have you made any progress checking this out? Please let me know if you have more questions and please rate my service. THank you.