Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2002 ford thunderbird, the heater blower motor

Customer Question
stays on even with the...
i have a 2002 ford thunderbird, the heater blower motor stays on even with the car off, installed a new control head still the same. pulled entire dash and removed heater / ac box looking to replace the resister module and it is not there. what do I go next?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/20/2016
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It sounds like the motor itself is staying grounded all the time which means it will never turn of like that. If you can scan the cars computer too, this may lead you to the problem being module controlled.

Thanks, Ron