Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On a 2013 expedition.. the drivers side air vent and foot…

Customer Question
On a 2013 expedition....

On a 2013 expedition.. the drivers side air vent and foot vent is jammed on cold - passenger side is fine. I guess its the blend door motor. The ford diagram looks to indicate here is just one motor for both driver and passenger sides. Basic question is where is the drivers side motor located.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

All the other controls work fine - just when you turn up the heat nothing happens on the drivers side

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 2 years ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Does it have manual or automatic temperature control?

automatic - you set the temperature and it does the rest

OK whatever manual you were looking at was probably for manual temperature control. The ATC has separate blend door actuators for each side. I am attaching the instructions for the driver side actuator which shows the location and how to change it.. its a bear... you have to remove the heater housing which requires removing the whole dash.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. The question will stay open for follow ups as long as needed for no extra charge. Just come back to the same page to continue if you need anything further. Thanks

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner