Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2009 F-150 Super Crew Cab. Fuse #17 blows

Customer Question
My name is***** have...

My name is***** have a 2009 F-150 Super Crew Cab. Fuse #17 blows frequently. All of the power locks work just fine in between the fuse blowing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My power locks have worked fine since 2009. Then about two weeks ago they stopped. I checked the fuses and #17 was blown. It controls the inside power locks as well as the keypad on the driver's door. I have had to replace that fuse several times now for the same thing. The locks will work fine for a couple of days the fuse will blow again. I was attempting to find a relay on a schematic as the next easy/logical item to maybe replace.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello Ken and thank you for your question,

Fuse #17 powers the door lock relay and the auto lock function. The relays are incorporated into the CJB (interior fuse panel ) . One known issues is with a shorted and or broken wire in the driver door jam wiring harness. I would tart first with pulling the boot bake on the harness from the driver door to the body and closely inspect the harness where it runs through to the door to see if there may be some of the wiring rubbing through and shorting to ground. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram in the link below for this circuit as well. Check you door jam wiring and post back if you have more help and or have more questions and we can work from there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Fuse%20%2317%20Jan%2018.pdf