Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a ford Edge 2007 model and lately the gear stick is…

Customer Question
I have a ford Edge...
I have a ford Edge 2007 model and lately the gear stick is getting stuck while in park position. After a few tries it moves from park position but those moments are very painful..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You have a shift lock that is controlled by the brake switch on the brake pedal. Have you noticed any issies with the resr brake lights at all or has anyone made a complaint that they have flickered?

I would change that switch out first (top of brake pedal you will see the switch) and see if the issue resilves itself since it is the most common culprit and the switch is very cheap. Then if issue is still there, then I would have no choice then to take the comsole around the shifter apart to check the shift lock and see if there is voltage dropping when I press the brake pedal to rule out a wire issue or if the shift lock is acting up itself. Usually I find the shift lock to be the issue once the brake switch is ruled out.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?