Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is, i can't get brake lights, license plate lights

Customer Question
Hi, my name is...

Hi, my name is pat, i cant get brake lights, license plate lights and turn lights in the front to shut off...i have moved the switch on the dash, the headlights come on and shut off but the other liights just stay on....

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Truck is a 01

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes.. i drained my battery yesterday from this so need to try and fix it...thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

Can I get the make and model vehicle?

Is the 3rd brake light staying on?

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris

Hey Chris - Sorry I haven''t gotten back to you - I own 2 coffee shops and its been a bit crazy since I last sent you my message - I am still having the issue - and will get back to you later today - the truck is the Ford 150 - to answer your earlier question - I did give you my cc card to pay for the initial contact but my wife said we have a charge for $5 on the 18th, $18 on the 19th and were just charged again for $33 on the 25th - I am not sure what I am paying for - can you please look into that as well - thanks so much - Pat

It appears you maybe on a subscription plan. You can contact the website and they can address that for you. I have been paid nothing being there has not been a rating, but that is because I have not had enough information yet.

So you have a 01 F150 the exterior parking lights, turn signals, and brake lights stay on. Does the 3rd brake lights stay on? Any lights inside staying on?

With these lights on and the hazards on, do the lights flash brighter than they are?

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician