Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

, yes, I have a Ford F150 2002 4.2L pickup, someone…

Customer Question
***** ***** Mechanic's...

***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes , I have a Ford F150 2002 4.2L pickup, someone stole my battery and Ignition Coil pack, I have new ones but I'm not sure how to reconnect spark plug wires to the coil pack, the correct configuration

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
the coil looks to be numbered 1,2,3,
4,6,5
1/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, I am Randall, Thanks for the question, In order to help, I have included a couple links for you to click on.,One shows the coilpack layout and the other is an even better view on what wire goes where from coil to plugs. I assume you are good with battery install and this plug wiring configuration is the information you need to get wires in correct order, Here are the 2 links for your review

Randall C
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician