Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I've got a 2012 escape and parking lights won't go off. I'm…

Customer Question
I've got a 2012 escape...
I've got a 2012 escape and parking lights won't go off. I'm looking in the owners guide and don't see a relay for the lights
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

What engine is in this and is it a hybrid, limited, hybrid limited, xls or xlt and awd or 4wd?

There may be a park lamp relay in the smart junction box located in the center of the dash.

6 cyl xlt 2wd

yes, the Mitchell manual says there is a park lamp relay in the smart junction box located in the center of the dash.

Here is the wiring diagram, the exterior lights is figure 4,

This shows the location of the sjb, it's at the bottom of the diagram just to the right of the middle,

At F5.

Above my skill level thanks

Just remove the relay and see if the lights go out now, if they do replace that relay.