Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am installing a Dorman shifter repair kit on my 1990 Ford…

Customer Question
I am installing a Dorman...
I am installing a Dorman shifter repair kit on my 1990 Ford Ranger. When I took out the old bushings they had a metal spacer and a metal spring on the bottom one and on the top one. The kit did not come with these. Do I need to put them back in or do I just use the one that is included on the top bushing?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

Click here for the procedure to install the 917-551 kit. Let me know if you are installing something else.

Thank you

George H.
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician