Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Thank You! I have a 2000 F350 super duty. i don't use the

Customer Question
Thank You! I have...

Thank You! I have a 2000 F350 super duty. I dont use the remote locks or the alarm. However i have replaced both batteries and now the lights flash. Ive disconnected the speaker, But how can i completely disconnect?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Nope. Just need to figure out how to Turn the alarm system off.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

try removing fuse #15 in the central junction box.

No, wait that feeds the brake pedal switch , the powertrain control module and instrument cluster also.

I don't see a way without knocking out power to something important. I'll just opt out and see if another expert can help.

Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. A different expert here. Do you know if this is an aftermarket alarm? Can you post a picture of the remote to the chat?

Do you still need assistance with this?