Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm a female out in the country and not a male anywhere…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm a female out...
Hello, I'm a female out in the country and not a male anywhere within 20 miles. So my question is my 05 ford f350 powerstroke won't start. It'll crank but not start. My friend sprayed wd 40 somewhere and I'm not sure exactlt where and it cranked right up. I can't get in touch with him so hoping y'all can tell me exactly where to spray it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
1/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: James, Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
James, Ford Technician

Hello, did it continue to run after you used starting fluid?

Until I put it in gear then acted like it was out of fuel but it's not

You will have to spray starting fluid in intake in order for the vehicle to start. The problem if it won't stay running you are probably losing high pressure oil.

Where exactly is the intake and if it's losing high pressure oil is that a costly repair?

If your losing high pressure oil it can get expensive to repair. The air filter has a large rubber tube going into the turbo. You can spray starting fluid in here to see if it will start. Depending on your location it's possible to have a gelled fuel system as well.