Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My name is ***** *****.....I'm having a oil pressure problem

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** *****.....I'm having a oil pressure problem on my 2001 ford f150...think i may have to replace it....want to know if its possible to do this without dropping the oil pan?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, it a 4.5 triton engine. oil light come on when first start and stays on til it warms up....now it come back on while driving ....also the valve starts to make noise
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
1/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Nothing easy about this oil pump. It is 8.5 hours labor to replace and takes me in a shop with a lift and air tools about 6 hours. The engine has to be lifted some to drop the oil pan for this job AND the timing chains have to come off, so the front part of the engine comes off as well to do this job. If you are doing this at home and no lift or air tools, I would plan on it being a weekend job.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager