rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

All of the left side cylinders quit firing all at once.

Customer Question

All of the left side cylinders quit firing all at once. Replaced 2 of the coil packs, but the new ones don't fire either.
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Most likely the injectors are not firing, check them for power with a NOID light. Possible ground problem, connector problem or computer causing this.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want answers, if you are not going to answer, I'm not going to rate you
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

I told you what to check, did you read it? I can't see it from here:)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, now I see Your answer, that is a lot of things that could be wrong. It will take a lot of checking.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Yes it will, there are many possibilities. Most likely is injector related.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will check these things, if I find something I will let You know.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Great.