Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

I have a 2000 crown Vic p71 just bought it brought home

Customer Question

I have a 2000 crown Vic p71 just bought it brought home about 75 miles ran good but floor it around 80mph it had a little bit of amiss then pressure washed engine compartment to find whatever leaks there are now engine light comes on runs like crap. Obviously I got something wet but what
Category: Ford
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Vlad.

Based on information you provided, it sounds like you have water penetrated into spark plug wells and would cause engine misfiring .

I would remove all eight coils and then spark plugs and inspect it very closely for any signs of carbon track . If spark plugs are worn out, it is a good idea to replace them at the same time. Keep everything clean and maybe but a bit of dielectric grease inside each ignition coil boot before fitting it back.

If all above is not your case, then you may need to have it scanned for trouble codes in order to find what triggered the check engine light. Could be a sensor.

Please let me know how it goes.